|Noxious Weed Superintendent|
1111 13th Street, Suite 7
Aurora, NE 68818
To enforce and carry out the Nebraska Noxious Weed Control Act and to encourage and promote better weed control practices in Hamilton County.
Duties & Requirments
- Being certified, in writing, by the Nebraska Department of Agriculture as a commercial applicator.
- Examining all lands under the jurisdiction of the control authority to determine if the Noxious Weed Control Act and the rules and regulations are being complied with.
- Compiling infestation data and other reports as the Director of Agriculture or control authority may require.
- Supervising and carrying out the coordinated control program within the county.
- Completing 20 hours of continuing education, annually.
- Ascertaining and tabulating the approximate amount and location of land infested with noxious weeds in the county, annually.
- Ascertaining and preparing information required by the county board for preparation of the county budget.
Links & Other Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Weed Complaint Form
- Department of Ag, Noxious Weed Program
- Noxious Weeds Control Act
- Noxious Weeds Listing & Characteristics
- Nebraska Weed Control Association
- Nebraska Weed Control Association Facebook Page
- Platte Valley Weed Management Area
- North American Invasive Species Management Association